Sharing the burden, reducing costs
Offering a swift, assured and cost-effective alternative to new tower builds, Site Share allows MNO partners to place radio equipment on our managed structures and sites throughout the UK. It’s the best way to resolve coverage gaps and increase capacity. Plus, with 5G gathering pace, and new spectrum becoming available, you can simply and quickly leverage our network to enhance yours.
As a neutral host, we provide access on equitable terms, for a single annual fee, and costs are shared. It’s something we do for all four of the UK’s MNOs, as well as hundreds of public and private customers across the country.
As the UK’s largest independent telecoms site provider, we offer access on a wide portfolio of assets including towers and masts, electricity pylons and a plethora of rooftops across the UK. We currently have 9,000 active sites, and a total of 21,000 available for sharing – many in locations where others struggle to acquire new sites or gain planning permission. All are owned or managed by Cellnex.
Crucially, we offer a diversity of topography – in dense urban, suburban and rural locations – wherever you need it most. And, with an unrivalled selection of high sites above 50 metres, your coverage can go further.
Taking care of everything
With Site Share, you’re using infrastructure that’s already in place. We’ll take care of the landlord consents and planning approvals, the design and construction, the power and the ongoing maintenance. Plus, our round-the-clock customer service delivers peace of mind from start to finish.
So your costs are reduced, deployment time is slashed and you can focus on providing great experiences for customers.
With ready-to-use infrastructure, turnkey acquisition and build solutions, and proven processes, Site Share takes the pain away.
“Our dedicated account managers make it easy for you to locate and select the best sites to improve coverage or reach new areas based on our ready-to-use infrastructure.”
Mike Harrison, Senior Product Manager at Cellnex UK
Assurance with Cellnex
Cellnex is a key piece of the telecoms jigsaw throughout Europe. Every day, as a UK Critical National Infrastructure Provider and the country’s leading independent telecoms site partner, emergency services organisations, telecoms operators and many others count on us to connect millions of people to the world. We have the scale, experience and services to enhance your network and accelerate your evolution. And, through an open and honest approach to partnership, and unfailing commitment to continual improvement, you can rely on us to deliver.
Site Share benefits
- Share rather than self-deploy model – increases speed of deployment and reduces costs
- Easy to find new sites – well-established processes and tools means you can commence operations and manage performance earlier
- Get sites you normally wouldn’t – in areas where planning permission is challenging
- We make site acquisition quicker and easier – saves valuable time, no need to negotiate with landlords or agents – we have existing agreements in place
- One-stop-shop – for consents, design, installation and handover
- Your coverage can go further – high structures greater than 50m available
- Available electricity supply – with power resilience options
- Online site access control system – single process for managing whoever needs site access – operators, sub-contractors, etc.
- Managed payment of local authority business rates